If you are anything like me, then Christmas literally sneaks up on you ever single year! I mean I know it’s the same day every year, but somehow before I know it it’s Christmas again. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE Christmas and the holiday season, but for some reason I can’t seem to get with the program which leaves me running around scurrying for gifts or doing last minute budgeting to fit it all in.
That being said, I have created a condensed checklist for you/me! I have researched a few different websites and have found two that are my absolute favorite. I will provide links for those who are interested in seeing the complete, original checklist.
Your Last-Minute Christmas Checklist
- Don’t forget the Stocking Stuffers! I’ve totally done this one year and had my husband go out on Christmas Eve to Wal-Mart, because it was the only place open, to go buy goodies to fill everyone’s stocking. Needless to say that will NOT happen again! I’m definitely adding this one to my Christmas Checklist.
- Start pulling out those hidden gifts NOW! I may not be guilty of this one, but my mom sure is. Every year she hides the gifts she buys and every year she forgets about at least one of them. One year she even forgot where she hid it lol But, we lover her anyway.
- Kiss someone under the mistletoe! This one is so important, because a lot of the time we have tunnel vision until all the gifts are bought, wrapped, and under the tree that we forget that Christmas is about spending time with family and friends and celebrating Jesus’ birth.
- Wrap gifts as you buy them! Since it is already December and your tree is already up (unless you are like me and can’t find the time to go buy a tree) then there is no point in hiding the gifts and cluttering up your closet. Go ahead and put them under the tree. A Christmas tree is so much more fun to look at with presents under it anyway.
- Buy batteries for children’s toys! Oh my this needs to be number one on my checklist every single year! I can’t tell you how many times we have bought something that requires batteries and we had to take the ones from the TV remote just so our kids could enjoy their gifts on Christmas day!
- Re-charge the batteries on your camera/video recorder! This is something that I forget to do every year, but luckily my hubby got tired of standing next to the outlet while recording Christmas morning so this job has officially been delegated to him.
I hope some of these will help you out in preparing for your upcoming Christmas season as much as they have helped me and will continue to help me.
If you are in need of some extra help moving things around the house this holiday season then we would be more than happy to send someone out to assist you. Click here to fill out a form and let us know what you need help with and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.